Rx Professional Services
- Comprehensive Annual Care Plan
- Standard Medication Management Assessment
- Administration of Drugs by Injection
- Patient Assessment by Pharmacists with Additional Prescribing Authority (APA)
- Assessment of a Patient who has an Urgent Medical Requirement
- Assessment of a Patient's Prescription for Purposes of Adaptation
- Refusal to Fill a Prescription
- Assessment of a Patient's Prescription for Purposes of Renewal (adaption as per Standards of Practice)
Albertans living with multiple chronic diseases will be supported by pharmacists through assessment, care plan development and ongoing monitoring.
Pharmacists will conduct medication reviews and develop care plans for patients with at least one chronic disease and on at least four continuous medications.
this service will enable the care of Albertans by supporting pharmacists with APA to assess and treat patients
this service will enable the care of Albertans who are experiencing an emergency need for a medication as defined in Standard 13 of the Standards of Practice for Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians.
this service will enable the care of Albertans by supporting pharmacist's assessment and adaption of prescriptions in order to better meet the patient's medical needs.
this service will prevent the misuse and abuse of prescription medications by supporting pharmacists' decisions to refuse to fill in situations of overuse/abuse, poly-pharmacy/multi-doctoring and falsified or altered prescriptions.
this previously announced service will enable the care of Albertans by ensuring they may access their medication when required.